ANSTHRLD - Name Documentation

Joe Wolf WolfJ at bisys.com
Tue Oct 20 06:13:42 PDT 1998

Greetings to the List,

  I am Manfred Wolf, Sentinal Pursuivant and I have a bit of a problem.  See following:

>I am Briana Morris, and new to the SCA.  I have a more Irish persona and
>I was curious if you could help me document (or see if it can be
>documented) a name.
>
>Foailtiarna
>     {the combo 'foal' means ~wolf~ and 'tiarna' means ~lord~.  Very
>masculine for a ladies name}
>     (the info I have on this name is the following [I hope it helps] -
>it is an early period name Irish/Gaelic in origin, and is still used
>occasionally)
>
>O Dalaigh
>     {means meetign place}
>     (goes as far back as the 4th century, there are prominent records
>dating from 12th-18th century)

  I've yet to locate any of these "prominent records" but I really would like to assist this newcomer.  Does anyone have any sources they could recommend for documenting (or refuting) this entry?  My humble and sincere thanks for any and all help!

Herr Manfred von Wolf, Sentinal Pursuivant
Barony of the StarGate