ANSTHRLD - Request for Info

Laron The Dark laron at edumaster.net
Tue Sep 15 15:59:22 PDT 1998

Anthony Partin wrote:

> >Greetings,
>
> I've recently begun a push to design, and submit arms for the members of
> my shire.  I'm pretty competent at this, but I've run into a problem.
> Almost nobody here has names passed.  I don't have a lot of information
> on naming, so here's the request:  Does anyone have a simple list of
> resources for naming, on line, or literature?  I know, I know, I should
> be out at the library with my nose in the card catalogue or computer,
> but I'm running extremely short on time these days...
>
> Anton, esq
> Ffynnon Gath, Ansteorra

G'd mornin to ye,

Actually sir, you really DON'T need to be at the library pushing up daisies,
with your nose in a book.  Sometimes library's are NOT helpful to those of us
who are rather unexperienced.  I suggest you check the SCA's website. . . St.
Gabriel's is AWESOME, and there are a few other helpful resources as well.
Another think I might suggest is getting together with other heralds in shires,
canton's, baronies, and mis. branches nearest you. . . and doing some research
on some odd afternoon when everyone has TIME.  You can compile a miscellaneous
list of names from . . . say St. Gabriel's. . . Show them to your shire. . .and
say, "These will pass, do any of you have any ideas?"  And then study those
during this research party. . . and SUBMIT!  *laughs* Truthfully though. .I need
to find out how to do this last thing meself. . . But these are suggestions from
this lowly Herald in the Vale. . .

In the makings,
Laron