ANSTHRLD - Opinion Query

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Apr 28 14:33:24 PDT 1999

> Initially, it was "House of the Meandering Bovine" but we determined that "bovine" is not even
> a period term.  So, the submitter is now trying to get "bovinus" and "migrare,"  latin for
> "bovine" and "meandering."

I think on this one you're up a creek.  However, there's a possibility
of a plausible inn named the "straying cow" or somesuch.  I'd suggest
checking out period names of that ilk and working from there rather than
choosing a name then trying to justify it historically.  It's sort of
like getting innoculated after you're showing symptoms of the illness.

- - Teceangl
- --
  "Sieg oder Unsieg ruht in Gottes Hand, der Ehre sind wir selber
  Herr und Koenig."              Georg Sluyterman von Langesweyge