ANSTHRLD - Opinion Query

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Apr 28 08:47:04 PDT 1999

> Is the 'Triquetra' an acceptable charge for a device submission.

Registerable.  At best extremely rare in period, meaning "I don't
remember seeing it in period armory and I'd be really surprised if I
did".  Something of an SCA cliche, especially to say "I'm Celtic"
(rather than the period meaning; I believe it usually symbolized the
Trinity).

> A household name submission of the format "House of the <adjective>
> <noun>"

A fair number of those are registerable, I think mostly due to
ignorance of period inn signs and because SCA households usually don't
fit period models.  I know I'm gonna regret this question: what's the
adjective and what's the noun?  (It's never something nice like "House
of the Red Cow"; it's always "House Sesquipedalian Bellydancers" or
"House Roaring Cricket" or other unlikely things.)

Daniel "House Wandering Hunchback" de Lincolia
- --
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.