ANSTHRLD - Period Style? (was Inspired? Cartouche)

Amy & Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Wed Aug 25 15:23:27 PDT 1999

An Englishman from Glastonbury circa 1200 would blazon in
Anglo-Norman.  You can borrow My copies of 'Early Blazon" and 'Eight
Thirteenth-Century Rolls of Arms in French and Anglo-Norman Blazon" if
you like.  I can also loan you five of the Scottish Heraldry Society
Rolls of Arms reprints (modern English translations).  I opened Collins
Roll (1296?) at random and found 3 field only arms in the first three
pages, plus one with only a bordure.

I will warn you that reading primary sources may disillusion you about
SCA Heraldry.  For example number 610, per chevron argent and ermine,
Brianus Sandford.