ANSTHRLD - Re: Laurel wreath rules (was Question on CD's)

Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 12:10:54 PDT 1999

- --- tmcd at jump.net wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Debra Poole <dpoole1 at airmail.net> wrote:
> > The preposed blazon is: Or in pale three escallops inverted and on
> > a bend rising sable a laurel wreath or.  I checked the on line
> > ordaniary and found that it will conflict with two registered
> > devices unless we receive a cd for the laurel wreath.
>
> I agree with Alanna: the proposed blazon is indecipherable.

I've seen the design in question, and I think it certifiably NPS. The
"bend rising" is what I would call a bend enhanced to sinister; it
looks very unbalanced with the three escallops in pale. I don't know
where the term "bend rising" came from, but I suspect it was some place
dark and dim that we don't want to go....

> I am taking the liberty of changing the Subject line.  It was a
> little too generic.

Pedant.

Tadhg, Hanaper