ANSTHRLD - Open in Case of Emergency

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Tue Aug 17 22:48:37 PDT 1999

I was reflecting on my summer of repeated attacks of real life, and
realized that I really should be prepared in case something were to
happen and someone needed to come in and take over.  Although I have a
drop-dead deputy (Hi, Alisandre), she managed to have a real life attack
concurrent to my own.

So, in a fit of...well, you figure it out, and tell me...something, I
drafted the following, which I am going to put on an envelope taped to
the boxes, with the legend OPEN IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.

Did I leave anything out?

AElfwyn

************************************

Since you are reading this, I am heraldically dead.  Your mission,
should you choose to accept it, is to take over as acting baronial
herald.

Some things you should know:

1) Send a monthly report to the Southern Regional Herald by the 8th of
the month.  Send a copy to the seneschal; if you can't find my old
reports, ask the seneschal for a copy of one.  The title for the
regional herald is Twilight Herald; the name and address of the current
holder of the office is listed quarterly in the Ansteorran Gazette.
Look for the binder with the most recent editions of the Ansteorran
Gazette; they all have dates on the spine.

2) While you've got the Ansteorran Gazette out (AG for short), look at
the list of names on the back.  This will tell you all the essential
info for sending stuff in; who to send it to, how many copies, how much
$$ to send, etc.  The only missing info is how to make out the check
(and it must be from the baronial account, get checks from the reeve):
Kingdom of Ansteorra--SCA, Inc.

3)  All of the forms are found in the small, black, beat-up filing box
that is missing the handle on top. (Hey, that's how it looked when I got
it.) All of the instructions for filling out the forms are on the back.
All the current files with things to be submitted, appealed, etc. are in
that same small file.

4) All of the rest of the things you need to know are contained in the
books and binders (wait, some of them are mine...guess you can't take it
with you) that fill the remaining five bins.  Commit them to memory.
(Wait! that was humor!)

5) If you have email access, subscribe to SCAHRLDS and ANSTHRLDS as soon
as possible.  Instructions are on the web at   The folks on these lists
are great and will give you help whenever you ask.  Their collective
years of experience probably are in the 1000 year range.

God have mercy on your soul (and mine, while we're at it!).

AElfwyn aet Gyrwum