ANSTHRLD - What do we need to know?

Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 15:44:07 PDT 1999

- --- Donald Riney <dariusobells at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Second: to the topic of "Pursuivants at Large" (PaL). the issue of
> how to train and warrent PaL's is an ongoing discusion currently
> involving Ld Star and Myself. Star is chewing on some suggestions
> right now.

Plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose....

> NOTE: the absence of the title "Pusuivant Extrodinary"
> This is intentional, and based on a deceision made at redtape sunday
> morning during a meeting of attending heralds. More info in a few
> days. As the duties of a PaL are and will be in many significant
> ways different from a branch officer, the systems must needs be a
> little different.

Since in period the title Pursuivant Extraordinary applied to officers
of arms who did what (if I understand correctly) Pursuivants-at-Large
are intended to do, is there some substantial reason why the title
wasn't just transferred over? Or is this another case of "Let's do it
the SCA way" without much reference to period practice?

Tadhg, Hanaper

===
Tiomoid M. of Angle  JD MBA
No, I do not suffer fools gladly.