ANSTHRLD - Question on CD's

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Aug 23 00:42:30 PDT 1999

> >> Or, in pale three escallops inverted and on a bend rising sable a
> >> laurel wreath or.
>
> >What's a "bend rising"?  And how are you handing the bend and escallops
> >both in the middle of the shield?  Is the bend overall?  Did you remember
> >to point the top of the laurel wreath at dexter chief as it should lie
> >along the bend, not palewise unless blazoned so?
>
> Fosters shows many examples of something that is, I think, "bend rising".
> It is a bend on a curve usually convex (rising).

So we're to wondering about the rest of the blazon, then.  Part is "Or"
for the field, part is "three escallops inverted" and part is "on a bend
enarched sable a laurel wreath Or".  Clear enough, but since you put "in
pale" so early in the blazon I'm not certain if you have three escallops
inverted (*must* they be inverted?  80% of the registered escallops are
upside-down and I'm personally tired of looking at so much gas-station-sign
heraldry in the SCA) in pale down the field, or somehow arranged above the
bend (which is weird, but possible).
How, please, are the escallops arranged on the field?

- - Teceangl
- --
         - Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change. -