ANSTHRLD - Semy of Mullets

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Mon Aug 23 19:52:24 PDT 1999

> > Azure, a semy of mullets argent.
>
> I'm a bit surprised nobody's noticed Somalia, "Azure, a mullet argent"
> (9/95).  One CD for number.
>
> "Semy" is a group of charges, which means it gets all the CDs a charge
> group can get.

What I'm surprised is that no one has mentioned X.2.
Most of the examples of mullety armory have had a completely different
primary charge.  I reiterate:

     X.1. Addition of Primary Charges - Armory does not conflict with
     any protected armory that adds or removes the primary charge
     group. Most cadency systems did not involve addition or
     deletion of the primary charge group, so this automatically
     creates an independent design. For example, Argent, two mullets
     gules does not conflict with Argent, a pale between two mullets
     gules, and Vert, a lion rampant Or and a chief indented argent
     does not conflict with Vert, a chief indented argent.

So what you need to check for is *any* number of mullets as the primary
charge.  As Daniel noted above, Somalia is only one CD from the proposal.
And yes, you betcha semy is a primary charge group when it's the only
charges on the field.

- - Teceangl
- --
         - Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change. -