ANSTHRLD - Conflict Check?

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Aug 24 00:07:44 PDT 1999

> 1)  Azure, a pall inverted sable fimbriated argent between three towers
> argent masoned sable.

Against Grigorii Elisseyevich - December of 1995 (via Meridies): Azure, a
pall inverted sable fimbriated between three mascles, a bordure argent.
I see one CD for type change to secondaries, one CD for removal of the
bordure.  Possible CD for addition of field treatment to the towers but I
cannot remember if rowers count like walls and therefore don't get difference
for stonework representations (masoning).  Clear either way.  Nothing else
comes even close.

> 2)  Azure platy.  (With sincere apologies to Timothy of Glastonbury for the
> similarity.)

Clear.  Cool.

> 3)  Quarterly sable and gules, a sea-horse argent.

Against Eilonwy Andereth - August of 1979: Azure, a sea unicorn rampant
reguardant argent.  I think only one CD for the field tincture.  I
know regardant isn't worth any difference, and would very much hesitate
to give difference between a sea-unicorn and a sea-horse.  Conflict.

> 4)  Per fess argent and sable, a demi-horse issuant from the line of division
> sable.

Against No Mountain, Shire of - May of 1988 (via Calontir): Per fess embattled
argent and vert, in chief a demi-horse rampant sable.  One CD only for change
to field.  Conflict.

> 5)  (Fieldless) A griffin segreant azure.

Against Brendan McEwen - December of 1996 (via Ansteorra): Per fess argent and
gules, a griffin segreant azure.  Only one CD for removal of field.  Conflict.

Sorry about all the bad news.

- - Teceangl
- --
         - Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change. -