ANSTHRLD - Inspired? Cartouche...

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Aug 24 15:26:19 PDT 1999

> Device : Azure semy of cartouche argent.
> Badge  : Azure a cartouche argent.
>
> The badge would conflict with the device, but otherwise appears clear (I've
> said that before though). The device is, again, clear as far as I can tell.
>
> Now, the only question I have outstanding is ... doesn't a cartouche look a
> lot like a bar? (just rounded ends). Is there a precedent out there about
> these conflicting or such?

Bars are fesswise, cartouches are palewise.  I think billets are what you
need to consider.  And eggs.  And taking into consideration all the above,
both of these suggestions are clear.
Azure semy of cartouches argent.
Azure, a cartouche argent.
Very nice.  Oh, and a person always has implied permission to conflict with
himself/herself, so that's fine, too.

- - Teceangl
- --
         - Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change. -