ANSTHRLD - Semy of Mullets

Sara L Friedemann sfriedemann at students.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 25 07:05:24 PDT 1999

> > Despite this chargeless blazons have in the past been 'boinged' for
> > "not compatible with period practice."
>
> Please cite one Laurel return since 1990 that would not have been
> boinged had there been a charge.  I suspect that there have been none
> such since Karina, but I've not looked at Baldwin, Wilhelm, or Alison
> LoARs to know how they worked.

I can cite one fairly recent, via An Tir: Gules ermined Or.  Laurel ruled
that that was a plain tincture, and we don't register plain tinctures.  The
client added an argent label, and that cleared the problem.

- -Aryanhwy

               Sara L. Friedemann
         sfriedemann at students.wisc.edu
  "But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
   I have spread my dreams under your feet;
  Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"
                    --Yeats