ANSTHRLD - So what do you think.....

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 08:33:43 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/3/1999 4:40:20 PM Central Standard Time,
darin_herndon at bswintl.com writes:

>  I think that, in deference to their age, this leaves another award which
can
> be granted later.

I was told that this is *exactly* why the award was instituted -- as a way to
recognize our younger members with something unique, without running out of
official awards "too soon."  (There's a horror story about a member who
became a Laurel at 18 which was told in support of the concept.)

BTW, the household cannot grant us permission to conflict:  designators are
null, so House Rising Star is a complete repeat of Award of the Rising Star.
They would have to transfer the whole name to us, but the recent transfer
would indicate that they still use it and want it.

And the (Circle of the?) Ascending Star was a principality order before
Ansteorra became a Kingdom.  People who hold the award are still active, and
reusing an old award for a new meaning would be a Bad Idea, anyway, IMHO.

Kathri, Asterisk