ANSTHRLD - Further clarification... Star has spoken!

Timothy of Glastonbury timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 15:03:55 PST 1999

- ---Amanda Lewanski <editor at texas.net> wrote:

> Timothy of Glastonbury wrote:
>
> > BTW, From Star's posted statement it would sound like we must submit
> > Gazette commentary in paper form.
>
> Dear, dear. Such inconvenience. You mean actually print something
out, find an
> envelope, address the damn thing, purchase a stamp, put it in the
mailbox? Great
> heavens, how primitive. We must be living in the Middle Ages.
>
> Could we all get over ourselves and go buy some envelopes? What's
the big deal?
> Could I remind everyone who's upset about the "inconvenience" that
up until ten
> years ago people were (horrors) _writing_ their reports, or
_typing_them on
> arcane machines called typewriters? Do any of you remember _carbon
paper_? Such
> luxury, that the word "edit" no longer carries the auxiliary curse
of "retype
> the whole thing."
>
> --Alisandre Oliphant

My comment, ment mostly as a Post Script to my other comments, was a
reply to someone's comment that they could still accept commentary via
email, so they didn't have to retype it all for the Gazette.

Your tone implies that you cannot take an honest discussion on whether
or not this is a good policy.  Star asked for commentary on the
policy, that was what I was giving as part of this list.

Will it kill me to snail-mail them? No.
Would I prefer to email them? Yes.

Timothy of Glastonbury