ANSTHRLD - Further clarification... unofficial

Richard Threlkeld rjt at acm.org
Tue Feb 23 07:50:40 PST 1999

You may set the parameters under which you are willing
to work, but I would prefer to go the other direction
except where a legal issue is involved. In particular,
reports are _much_ easier to build and send via email
than by hard copy and it is _much_ easier to extract
from a report to you to build a report to your
superior with email than with hard copy.

Most of the world is going toward email as the
definitive media. The only difficulties are
the need for privacy and signatures. Both
of these can be handled with encryption, but
neither should be a problem here.

You may argue that email is about as far away
from medieval recreation as possible, but we
do not shrink from using phones, copiers,
and ball point pens in getting the SCA work
done.

Email is a tool which allows us to get more work
done in less time. Heavy use of paper communications
will add time to all processes.

My opinion - and worth what you paid to get it
Caelin on Andred