ANSTHRLD - Laurel roadshow

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Fri Jan 22 07:48:39 PST 1999

> I'll ask Laurel this weekend if she minds.

I think she generally *does* mind; I know Da'ud generally did.  The
problem is that Laurel reserves the right to change their mind after
the meeting and before the LoAR.  It's rare -- usually doesn't happen,
if it does it's one item per letters, it's almost always for
borderline cases -- but it happens.  They were both afraid of someone
saying "Hey, Sheepfordshire, your name and arms passed" and then the
published results get out and it was returned.

I would suggest that, *if* someone approaches *you*, note their name
and talk to them after the event.  Emphasize that the decision is not
final until published -- then tell them the tentative action.  If it
sounded like a borderline case, I don't think I'd tell them, or I'd
hedge a LOT.

Daniel de Lincolia
- --
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;