ANSTHRLD - Documentation Assistance

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Jan 29 16:46:18 PST 1999

> Applicant is using the construction "X the Obstreperous"  (Can anyone guess
> who this is for?)   I was operating under the assumption that confirmation
> of the adjective used in period in conjuction with documentation for that
> naming convention would be suitable.  Am I all alone in left field??

An Tir just had to send back "James the Obscure" at kingdom because no
matter how hard we tried, we couldn't find obscure as a period description
of people.  (It's on appeal right now.)  So it's a matter of not only dating
the word, but proving it was used/usable as a personal epithet.

- - Teceangl
- --
I tried sleep-teaching myself heraldry.  Didn't help me, but now my
cats sort their food so the red bits are on the white floor and the
yellow bits stay in the blue bowl.