ANSTHRLD - Question of Display

Amy & Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Sun Jul 4 18:08:45 PDT 1999

Shire arms are not equivalent to baronial or royal arms, technically
speaking.  Instead of being the equivalent of the royal arms, borne only
by the royals, they are the equivalent of the kingdom ensign, freely
born by all the citizens of that kingdom.  Ansteorran troops can only
fight under the royal banner when led by royalty.  They can fight under
a kingdom flag even when royalty is absent.