ANSTHRLD - Compass Star

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Sun Jul 25 22:00:05 PDT 1999

This should stir the hornets.  I submitted "The House of the Compass
Star" for a client.  Both words are documentable to period, but not as
we use them.  The charge of a "Compass star" is a SCA invention.  It was
returned at kingdom because the term is not period.

I have a feeling the client is going to want to appeal--I can see the
common sense argument of "How can you allow one but not the other?"

So:	a) what would you tell the client if you were me? and
	b) what's your opinion of the argument?

AElfwyn