ANSTHRLD - Re: Name Documentation: Cathrine de Lance

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Thu Jul 1 20:18:00 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/1/99 9:45:43 PM Central Daylight Time, avalon at arn.net
writes:

> We once had a member where I am from that had the name Kenric De La Lance.
>  If it is possible for someone to check against his documentation I bet you
>  would have a winner.

The only documentation of Kenric's byname is the translation from the French.
 I quote:
"de - French for of
  la - French for the
 Lance - French for Lance"

Things were simpler in '93/'94.  It passed Kingdom in 12/93 (ILoI1093) and
was registered by Laurel in April of 1994, with no comment about it in the
ILoAR or the LoAR.  My files don't have the collated commentary or the LoI
from then.

Nowadays we need more proof that names were used or constructed in a similar
form during our period. But it was a great thought!  And I'm thrilled that
the file was actually in the cabinet, where it was supposed to be, and I
could find the relevant Gazette and Laurel letter!

Kathri, Asterisk Herald
kathri at aol.com