ANSTHRLD - Further clarification... Star has spoken!

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Mar 2 20:25:34 PST 1999

Please pardon me if this seems to be necroequiflagellation ...

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Joe Wolf wrote:
> >What?  Nobody ever suggested making e-mail the *only* medium for
> >official communication.
>
> Actually, they did.  Lord Steafan and I were responding to another's
> comment that "snail-mail" is a poor medium for official
> correspondences when email is available.  Several others added their
> weight to the argument, stating that official reports should be
> accepted via email.
>
> Perhaps my use of "reports and other formal documents" was
> misleading in my initial post and therein lies the confusion?

No, I think you misinterpreted "should be accepted" and "when email is
available".

Money orders are accepted by Asterisk.
They may be used when money orders are available.
That does not mean that Asterisk will not accept branch checks.

In point of fact, I believe the actual policy is that Asterisk really
wants branch checks, and accepts a money order only if there's an
extraordinary situation.  Don't try one without clearing it with her
first.  Nevertheless, I've seen a money order accepted by an Asterisk.

Daniel "jumping up and down on a greasy horse-shaped spot on the
sidewalk" de Lincolia
- --
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com;
if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work address.