ANSTHRLD - KWHS anyone???

marsha.greene@mpan.com marsha.greene at mpan.com
Wed Mar 3 08:14:56 PST 1999

Actually, yes.   The Canton of Westgate in Stargate, had begun discussing
the project with Laurel Queen at Arms starting last fall.  Lord Fergus
Stout has been sending several e-mail communiques to her, and we have begun
the preparations for seeking a site (making a list of requirements needed
and pinpointing the hotels in the area to check out).

Most have not heard of this yet, as we wanted to get past the recent
Westgate Heraldic Symposium, as a sort of dry run.  (Though I understand
that the college was already aware of Westgate's interest, since all the
heralds looked at Fergus when the subject came up, during the Plenary
college meeting.)    We learned a lot from the local event that will indeed
help us with Knowne World.   Also, I did a bit to talking with the kingdom
heralds at Westgate Collegium about what they would like to see at Knowne
World.    Westgate has also heard from Gates Edge, who have expressed
interest in assisting...so this could turn into a joint-Canton event.   Way
cool!

I volunteered to be the autocrat at a Westgate meeting last fall  (what
have I done!!), and of course we will need lots of deputies to handle
various aspects of the event:  Site coordination, Class coordinator (though
that may be a Laurel office duty), feast hall and revels (usually offsite
from the hotel), feastocrat, decorations,  transportation to an from the
airport.

We are looking into hotels in or near  Bush Intercontinental Airport of
Houston for convenience of our out-of-towners.    I would like the Heralds
and Scribes to participate in putting this together, but not at the expense
of taking classes.  The beauty of having this event locally
(in-the-Kingdom), is to be able to take all the great classes.  I know we
have enough non-heralds and non-scribes in the area that can assist in
pulling off a really professionally done event.  I did attend KWHS in
Dallas some 7 years ago, so have a fair idea of what is involved in putting
this thing together.

So, its begun!    Are you volunteering to help!?    (shuffle.... shuffle
... the sound of papers moving as I get my note pad and begin to take down
names...    :-)    )

Bn. Hillary Rose Greenslade   Westgate/Stargate
(mka Marsha Greene       Houston, TX )

aforsyth at uh.edu on 03/03/99 08:47:47 AM

Please respond to heralds at Ansteorra.ORG