ANSTHRLD - KWHS anyone???

Timothy of Glastonbury timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 08:47:14 PST 1999

Huzzah!

Yes, write my name down.  I will work before, after, during and in
every other way to help bring this to Ansteorra.  I will soon be out
of Bjornsburg (right after war), currently in Elfsea, but no matter
where I am I will help.

My particular skills are as a herald, bard and rapier fighter within
the society, but in another life I am a computer professional and more
than happy to help put together a Web Site, and other informational
things, or whatever else you care to use me for.

Vivat Westgate!
Vivat Gate's Edge!

Ld. Timothy of Glastonbury
mka Tim Rayburn
timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Telephone numbers useless since they'll change right after I move. :)

- ---marsha.greene at mpan.com wrote:

> Actually, yes.   The Canton of Westgate in Stargate, had begun
discussing
> the project with Laurel Queen at Arms starting last fall.  Lord Fergus
> Stout has been sending several e-mail communiques to her, and we
have begun
> the preparations for seeking a site (making a list of requirements
needed
> and pinpointing the hotels in the area to check out).
>
> Most have not heard of this yet, as we wanted to get past the recent
> Westgate Heraldic Symposium, as a sort of dry run.  (Though I
understand
> that the college was already aware of Westgate's interest, since all
the
> heralds looked at Fergus when the subject came up, during the Plenary
> college meeting.)    We learned a lot from the local event that will
indeed
> help us with Knowne World.   Also, I did a bit to talking with the
kingdom
> heralds at Westgate Collegium about what they would like to see at
Knowne
> World.    Westgate has also heard from Gates Edge, who have expressed
> interest in assisting...so this could turn into a joint-Canton
event.   Way
> cool!
>
> I volunteered to be the autocrat at a Westgate meeting last fall
(what
> have I done!!), and of course we will need lots of deputies to handle
> various aspects of the event:  Site coordination, Class coordinator
(though
> that may be a Laurel office duty), feast hall and revels (usually
offsite
> from the hotel), feastocrat, decorations,  transportation to an from
the
> airport.
>
> We are looking into hotels in or near  Bush Intercontinental Airport
of
> Houston for convenience of our out-of-towners.    I would like the
Heralds
> and Scribes to participate in putting this together, but not at the
expense
> of taking classes.  The beauty of having this event locally
> (in-the-Kingdom), is to be able to take all the great classes.  I
know we
> have enough non-heralds and non-scribes in the area that can assist in
> pulling off a really professionally done event.  I did attend KWHS in
> Dallas some 7 years ago, so have a fair idea of what is involved in
putting
> this thing together.
>
> So, its begun!    Are you volunteering to help!?    (shuffle....
shuffle
> ... the sound of papers moving as I get my note pad and begin to
take down
> names...    :-)    )
>
> Bn. Hillary Rose Greenslade   Westgate/Stargate
> (mka Marsha Greene       Houston, TX )
>

> aforsyth at uh.edu on 03/03/99 08:47:47 AM
>
> Please respond to heralds at Ansteorra.ORG
>
> To:   heralds at Ansteorra.ORG
> cc:    (bcc: Marsha Greene/MIS/Houston/Corp/LCA)
> Subject:  ANSTHRLD - KWHS anyone???
>

> At 07:53 AM 3/3/99 -0600, you wrote:
> >Quick, someone dream up another topic to discuss.... poor horse.
> >
> >-Francois
> So..... has anyone dared to venture putting a proposal together for
KWHS?