ANSTHRLD - KWHS anyone???

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Wed Mar 3 08:46:29 PST 1999

Baroness Hillary wrote:
> We are looking into hotels in or near Bush Intercontinental Airport
> of Houston for convenience of our out-of-towners.

Is it more convenient?  I've found on SF con trips that what's more
important to me is that it be easy to get to/from restaurants
(especially nice if you can walk), and inexpensive but good.  After
all, you're only going from the airport and to the airport once, but
you may eat as many as seven meals.

The Holiday Inn at 59 and 8 I like.  Good quality, decent rates, new,
low occupancy, cheap breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant.
There's another hotel a-building next door.  I don't know about
restaurants.

> I did attend KWHS in Dallas some 7 years ago, so have a fair idea of
> what is involved in putting one on

You mean, like not renting an unairconditioned hall in Texas in June?

Daniel "geez, next thing you know they'll be renting an unheated hall
for 12th Night" de Lincolia
- --
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com;
    if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com is my work account.