ANSTHRLD - Ker Megan of Taransay's device submission

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Wed Mar 3 12:21:33 PST 1999

Hey, Darius!

Thanks for posting to the Ansteorran herald's list.  I keep leaving your
email address at home.  :)  Anyway, Gwenllian said she thought that you are
the local to contact regarding the device submission for Ker Megan of
Taransay.

If you aren't, please let me know and disregard the rest of this message.
If you are, please keep reading.

Ker Megan's device (Azure mullety, a winged lion passant Or) was returned
by Laurel in 01/99 with the following notation:

"This is being returned because as colored neither Laurel, nor any of the
approximately 20 Ansteorrans at the Laurel road show could determine if the
field was azure or purpure."

I have discussed this return with Asterisk and we came up with the
following suggestion:

Ker Megan's device was on old forms.  If you/the submitter/whoever can get
me this device redrawn EXACTLY as it was (but on NEW forms) and colored
with Crayola markers, I will drop it straight into my next Letter of
Intent.  This will save the submitter some 4 months in the submission
process by bypassing the Internal Letter of Intent.  "Exactly" is important
since I will be using the image we scanned from the original submission.
The new forms are important since we are now past the cut-off point when
Laurel would still accept old forms.

We felt this was fair since the return was due only to the color of the azure.

What do you think?

Mari

Lady Mari Elspeth nic Bryan
Bordure Herald, Kingdom of Ansteorra