ANSTHRLD - Ansteorran Heraldry at Gulf Wars (long)

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 22:44:01 PST 1999

First, Ansteorrans dominated the consulting table as we did so many of the
service areas.  I only worked on Friday, but reaped one benefit that the rest
of you earned.  Daphne (title?  I think she was in charge of Information /
Heralds Point) came by, shook my hand, and enthusiastically thanked me and all
the Ansteorrans for making the consultation table possible.  "I shall be
writing to your King to commend you," she said.  I don't know if she will
actually do so, but you deserve to know that she intends to.

Second, we had planned to take submissions from 10 to 2 on Friday and Saturday
- - $9 each if they supplied all the forms, $12 if we did all the forms.
Saturday got rained out, but on Friday, with the rain coming down and the cars
throwing up mud as they evacuated, 6 people brought 10 submissions to us.  8
of them were for 'Full Service'.  (People really don't like filling in forms.)
Examples:

The lady who was waiting for me when I got there at 9:45, determined to pay
$12 for her device before she completed her evacuation.

The lady who asked when we would do this again, and was told "At Ansteorran
20th."  "Not at Crown Tourney?  You ought to do it at Crown Tourney," she
replied.

The lady who's helping start an incipient group in Sherman / Denison, who
picked up the SCA Group Name forms.  "You're doing this at Ansteorran 20th?
Good, the rest of the shire can get theirs done there."

The lord who trudged up to the main hall to get change for his $50 bill when I
didn't have it, and returned to pay his $12.

The lady in my home barony, who asked " Was that only for the War or do we
have people who will do that all the time?  You'd get a lot more submissions."

There seems to be a market for this product.  Daniel, you've worried about the
potential onslaught of submissions just before any price increase goes into
effect.  I'm beginning to worry about the onslaught AFTER we up the price, but
offer more service.

Kathri, who needs to be sure she takes those forms by the copy center
tomorrow.
Kathri at aol.com