ANSTHRLD - Registering Household Name

S Friedemann RandomSF at wctc.net
Fri Mar 12 09:35:40 PST 1999

>I have a Gentle that would like to register a Household name and badge...
I'm not sure
>what level of documentation is required for a household.
>
>Desired Name:  House of the Meandering Bovines

I don't think I even want to know the story behind the name.

Documentation standards for household names are the same as for regular
names; elements must be shown to have been used in period, languages cannot
be mixed, and the structure or form of the name must have a period
counterpart.  Laurel has a great boiler-plate that she uses when returning a
household name:

>>No documentation was provided for the household name, and none was
provided by the College. Barring such documentation, the household name must
be returned. Period models for household names include Scottish clans (Clan
Stewart), ruling dynasties (House of Anjou), professional guilds (Baker's
Guild of Augsburg, Worshipful Company of Coopers), military units (The White
Company), and inns (House of the White Hart).<<

You might have had an inn named House of the Meandering Bovines, but I doubt
it.  Someone with an OED might want to check and see if the words are even
period.

- -Aryanhwy