ANSTHRLD - Grant question

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Thu Oct 14 08:38:32 PDT 1999

Darius wrote:
> OK here is what I have though it doesn't have Letters Patent Listed I
> bielieve they carry equal precedence to other Peers
> http://home.earthlink.net/~dmmerlick/tressure/opmarch.html

IBM networking is acting badly at the moment, so I can't check the URL.

Naked Letters Patent can't exist.  They have to be granted with
Chivalry, Laurel, Pelican, Royal Peerages, or Rose.  They
are optional on the last two categories, and Ansteorra doesn't
given them.

"Patent" is an artificial entry in the Roll of Precedence to
cover those foreign royal peers and Roses who got peerages
in foreign lands and then moved here.

All that Corpora says is that kingdoms can arrange precedence
as they like, but they must rank Chivalry, Pelican, and Laurel
together -- "are of equal precedence and must be considered
as one group".

A question I forgot from earlier: how and why would an Order of
Precedence differ from an Order of March?

Daniel de Lincolia
- --
                    *** NEW PERSONAL ADDRESS ***
    tmcd at austin.ibm.com and tmcd at us.ibm.com are my work accounts.