ANSTHRLD - Name research request - Arbalest Pursuivant

Brent_Ryder@Stream.com Brent_Ryder at Stream.com
Mon Oct 18 07:26:20 PDT 1999

Please respond to me at Brent_Ryder at Stream.com as I am not on this list. Thanks

Allow me to introduce myself. I am HL Borek Vitalievich Volkov, and I have been
appointed to the new position of Arbalest Pursuivant. The position was created
to make sure that submissions that were returned at either kingdom or Known
World Level did not fall into the proverbial 'Black Hole'. I am also asked from
time to time to help with documentation of names. As I have very little in the
way of research materials for such documentation, I am asking those on this list
to give what aid they can. Thank you in advance for your time.

I am looking for documentation on several names:

Reyna bat-Yahm

     The submitter's registered name is Reyna bat-Asher so Reyna is
grandfathered. bat-Yahm is hebrew, but I do not know what it means. The
submitter says that the name has been submitted a couple of times, but there are
not records either in her local groups files or at Kingdom.

Shirdenmere

     This is the name for an incipient group in the Sherman/Denison area (hence
the name) There is no documentation at all given for the name. Sound is most
important for the name, no other preferences have been made

Joanna of the Barren Plains and Arabella of the Barren Plains

     This is a mother and daughter who live in the Wastelands area and do not
want their last name to be 'Wastelands'. They do not like to play with the local
group. Persona story has it that they have 6 horses and 2 acres of land so the
grass is always cropped to the ground (Hence Barren Plains). The name was
returned for non-period name construction. What we are looking for is a place
name that means the same thing as 'Wastelands' or 'the Barren Plains' and is a
period place-name

Angus of Stonegate

     The submittor is looking for a period Gaelic spelling for this name.
Asterisk Herald has found documentation for Stonegate and some varients. The
submittor has found in Gaelic that 'Geata' is gate, and 'Clach' is stone and
wants to know if this can be used to form a period surname. If some one could
forward this to Tangwystal I would appreciate it. I do not have here email here
at work or I would do it myself.

Thanks again for your time. I will be sending out more requests in the future.

Borek