ANSTHRLD - supporting groups with no local herald

Bordelon, Wendel Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com
Mon Oct 18 13:04:43 PDT 1999

Greetings to one and all,

Over the last 6 months I have been talking to people all over the kingdom
about how do we as a college support groups that do not have a local herald.
Many think this is a new problem caused because the Board changed the
by-laws or that we are changing Kingdom Law to make the office not required.
The fact is that we have had between 7 and 9 branches with no local herald
(required or not) consistently.  In other branches the herald is there to
file the required report and has no further interest in the office other
than keeping the group alive.  This is the problem I aim to solve.

You have heard from Gwenllian about some of the changes that have been put
in place.  The changes have been announced in various meetings or in the
Gazette. The changes are wide spread.  The regional herald's
responsibilities were expanded to make them the "local herald" for the
region.  They will not be alone in supporting heraldry in their assigned
region. The two new offices, Armillary and Arbalest, will be working to make
consulting, before and after submission, better and more attainable. We will
(soon) have a new PE warrant exam to get those wandering heralds out in the
field. Tressure has plans for compiling classes and other educational
material in a central location with the hope that if the classes are
pre-built we can get more people teaching all over the Kingdom.  If you have
a class you would be willing to share please let Tressure (or me) know.

If you look closely you will notice that all the changes and discussion has
been on the paperwork aspect of the heralds office.  I would welcome ideas
about how we encourage and promote the vocal part of heraldry, both field
and court.  If you have ways that we can encourage heraldic education and
display please present them to this list.

- --Francois,  Star