ANSTHRLD - Motley Sash

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 07:26:25 PDT 1999

Greetings,

As I happen to room with one of the few recipients of the Motley Sash
in the Kingdom, and have spoken at some length with him about it, allow
me to explain what it is.  Shortly :

The Motley Sash is given for excellence in the arts of the fool.

For those who play in those circles, it is considered above, in
prestige, a simple Thistle in Foolery (which my roomate also has).  My
understanding is that it has been given out under a dozen times (I
think 9 times specifically).  My roomate, Raimond George de Mora, was
the last reciepient of it, I believe, and recieved it during the reign
of Barn and Katrionna at Elfsea Defender.

Tadhg is probably correct that it is something of a leftover spot on
the awards list, I know the Premiere of the order is in favor of
closing it, but as of yet no one has.

Timothy of Glastonbury