ANSTHRLD - Not - Grant question

jruble jruble at napa-bbi.com
Fri Oct 15 12:59:41 PDT 1999

So has the college adopted an official plan of action to cover the remove
of the requirement for the office of herald in shires, cantons, etc.?

To wit, is there going to be more open consultation tables,
herald-at-large wandering training sessions, and a new policy of
registering arms only through the branch herald?

Finally, is there anyway to encourage folks to want to become heralds?
 Tadgh and Daniel just went after each with verbal knives.  If either one
of them met a sudden untraceable demise or otherwise stopped playing, they
would take a large quantity of knowledge with them.  And those are only
two examples, though I can only think of a dozen or so that rank as highly
in heraldic knowledge.

It is a tough field of study, offering little recognition and fewer
rewards.  And yet it adds so much to this hobby of ours.  Its absence or
degradation of quality would be felt and reflected throughout our kingdom.
But who wants to study an arcane, impractical science?

Yes, I disagree with the decision.  But it has been made.  Now how to we
use it for growth?

Ulf Gunnarsson