ANSTHRLD - supporting groups with no local herald

Dr Tiomoid M. of Angle tiomoid at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 14:07:00 PDT 1999

- --- "Bordelon, Wendel" <Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com> wrote:

> The fact is that we have had between 7 and 9 branches
> with no local herald
> (required or not) consistently.  In other branches the
> herald is there to
> file the required report and has no further interest in
> the office other
> than keeping the group alive.  This is the problem I aim
> to solve.

I'm somewhat confused about the nature of the "problem",
since I see two problems(?) mentioned here.

(a) That there are groups who consistently don't have a
regular officer of arms attached.
(b) That there are groups where the attached officer of
arms has no interest in heraldry but serves merely to file
required reports.

> If you have a class you would be willing to share please
> let Tressure (or me) know.

Hmm. "Ugly Armory I Have Known", with examples drawn
exclusively from SCA-registered armory. Yes, that has
texture, and scope....

> If you look closely you will notice that all the changes
> and discussion has been on the paperwork aspect of the
> heralds office.  I would welcome ideas about how we
> encourage and promote the vocal part of heraldry, both
> field and court.  If you have ways that we can encourage
> heraldic education and display please present them to
> this list.

"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

Tadhg