ANSTHRLD - Easy Conflict Check, please

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 13:14:30 PDT 1999

Greetings everyone,

Looking for assistance confirming a conflict check.  It's easy, I show
it as clear, but I always like someone to check that I've not lost my
mind.  The blazon is :

Gules, a spider tergiant argent.

The O&A only has 46 spiders registered, of those only 1 is completely
argent and that this device is very clear of its blazon is :

Lozengy Or and Purpure, a spider and in chief three decrescents argent.

I did have a question as to what the default position for a spider is.
Tergiant right?  So specifing it is overkill?

Anyway, if someone could please confirm that this proposed device is
clear, I and my client would greatly appreciate it.

Oh ... and I'm still looking for a resource out there for Czech
(Bohemian) last name practices.  Specifically Czech, not German, and
from around the time period of 1390-1410.  The client has a documented
first name, but does not even have examples on which to hypothesize a
period last name.

Ever,

Timothy of Glastonbury
Protégé to Viscount Galen of Bristol