ANSTHRLD - Catamount

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Thu Sep 16 09:32:32 PDT 1999

Help!  I have a question regarding catamounts. Do they have an
understood/default color?

I ask this because while in the midst of making banners for all the
Mooneschadowe Guardians & their Queens of Grace & Wisdom, I made Countess
Catriona's, with a green catamount, not sable as she says it is.  I pulled
the device description straight off the armorial web pages:

     Argent, a catamount passant regardant and in base three shamrocks all
within a bordure embattled vert.

Many thanks for clearing up this question for me.

Estrill Swet
Mooneschadowe