ANSTHRLD - Opinions Please

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Apr 5 12:22:55 PDT 2000

> Richard of Mont Royal, the Short
> (Fieldless) On a star of David sable, a saltorel Or.
] Ummm, doesn't that clear by 1 cd for fieldlessness and 1 cd for
] saltorel v. pheon?

1 CD for fieldlessness.  In general, two changes to a tertiary
are needed to get a CD.  However, X.4.j.ii says that "simple" cases
can get a CD for just a substantial change of type of the tertiary.
However, that requires (among other things) that the base charge
be simple enough in outline to be voidable, and I don't know that
an Ansteorran mullet is that simple.

There's another possibility: that by "Star of David" they mean
a Mogen David, a mullet of six points *voided and interlaced*, like
on an Israeli flag.  The problem is then: how do you fit anything
"on" a Mogen David, when it doesn't have a solid interior to put
anything on?

I would also be somewhat surprised if there's not a "(Fieldless)
On a sun sable a widget Or" already registered, but my initial
check showed nothing.

DdL
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)