ANSTHRLD - Opinions Please

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Thu Apr 6 09:29:12 PDT 2000

Cyniric, acting herald of Glaslyn / "Richard Culver" <rbculver at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I am new to the whole herald thing but what if there were arrows in the
> bell of the horn as if in a quiver, a kind of cornicopia of arrows.

I would worry a bit about damaging the horn with that!

There are examples of conjoined badges in period and in the SCA.
The SCA example I'm remembering was based on a period English example:
it had something like "a fish head, issuant from its mouth
a cubit arm sustaining something or another".  If it's period and
it's distinctive, I'm usually all for it.  Unfortunately for
this, a fish head can naturally and easily point upward.
Also unfortunately, some people might think a bent arm
(for ex.) issuing from a horn and holding an arrow looks weird.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)