ANSTHRLD - Conflict Check and Name question

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Wed Apr 12 09:19:54 PDT 2000

Rufus / "Kendall Johnson" <avalon at arn.net> rote:
> the cross. It would be counter charged over all.

"Counterchanged", not "countercharged".  In the past, and I think
sometimes in real-world armory, "overall" has had at least two
meanings, including the meaning you intend.  Currently in the SCA, it
means solely "a charge partially overlying another charge and
partially directly on the field".  Since there is only one charge in
this design, there can be no overall charges.

Final blazon:
    Per saltire sable and ermine, a cross bottony counterchanged.

I have one other armorial style note: some people who have gone for
ermine have regretted it the first time they went to paint,
embroider, or otherwise realize the design.  One person, coloring
N copies of his submission form, said "I repent me of my sin of ermine",
and changed the submission on the spot.  You might want to consider
this factor.

> Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
> if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.
>  "To join the Clueless Club, send a followup to this message quoting
every-
>  thing up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka
Korpela)

And with unquoted line breaks too.  Unfortunately, you're not alone in
the club.  When replying to a message, please use your mail composing
editor (delete key, select-block-and-delete, whatever) to trim the
quoted text to the minimum necessary to establish the context of your
reply.  Note that I quoted only one line of yours, because that's all
I needed.  Also, please put replies *after* the quote, because it
makes more sense that way.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)