ANSTHRLD - V1 #404 - Thegns

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 27 06:47:00 PDT 2000

>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 00:21:33 EDT
>From: Fitzmorgan at cs.com
    I found an Order of Precedence from 22 February 1978 and an update to it
>that isn't dated but lists the following:
>
>THEGN TO ANSTEORRA
>
>Erasimierz Waspanieski                              4 March 78
>Clare RosMuire St. John                             4 March 78
>Tessa of the Gardens                                4 March 78
>Simon of  Amber, called Mountaingate                4 March 78
>Andeleon du Axegarth                                4 March 78
>Gwylym y Fferill-o-Caer Lleuad                      4 March 78
>Balthazar of Endor                                  5 March 78
>S'Utcha ta Nuit, Neb, Meri en Heh,  aka Lord Michael of the Valar
>Protectorate of Ragnarok  5 March 78
>
>    I've never heard of the Thegns of Ansteorra before. What was it?  I've
>heard of a few of these people but most of these names are new to me.  Who
>were they and what did they do to deserve this honor?

	Clare here with a few notes about Thegns...
	The full title was Ring Thegns of Ansteorra and the award was based
on the Anglo-Saxonish tradition of bestowing Armrings to people from the
Crown.  The insignia for the award was a ring about 4 in across that people
chose to disply worked into their belt.. It was given by the Prince an
dPrncess to people who had given them support.  similar to the King's
Gauntlet an dthe Queen's Glove.   Ansteorra was given an Anglo-Saxonish
type persona if that makes sense.
	I'm not sure which persons you'd like information on but I'm happy
to provide you with anything you have questions...

Order of the Duct Tape Dervishes was given mostly as a humourous award...
The insignia was a wad of duct tape suspended from a cord of duct tape.  It
had something to do with fighting....

 >    I'd really like to hear some stories from the early days of our kingdom.
	If you ask I can give you stories... some based on heraldry.  But
like old people if you want something specific I can try to respond by
specifics.  If not you get tired old ones..... (grin)

Clare RosMuire St. John
who has been lurking awhile...