ANSTHRLD - Name Question

tmcd at jump.net tmcd at jump.net
Sun Apr 30 22:13:24 PDT 2000

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 Kathri at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/29/2000 11:47:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
> tmcd at jump.net writes:
> > "Easy"?  You sent your e-mail message as no lines in the body and
> > all the text in an attachment.
>
> This wasn't true in my version -- clear and no attachment, just like
> every other post.

It may have been an artifact of the original note being sent to the
list in two versions in one note -- the old "I used the mailer
defaults to send one copy in plain text, one in HTML" problem.  My
mail filter now swallows the rest of the message after the
"Content-Type:" declaration of "text/html".  The resultant mangled
message (truncated internal header, no "NextPart" line following) may
have confused the pine mailer (generally pretty smart and MIME-aware).

I have not seen the problem before because it's the first time since
installing the mail filter that I've replied from home (hence, using
pine).

Thank you, Kathri, for inducing me to investigate further.  I will be
more aware of such mangling issues, and I hope others will set their
mailers to send only plain readable text to this list.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;
if that fail, my work address is tmcd at us.ibm.com.