ANSTHRLD - conflict check badge

Doug Bell debell at txcyber.com
Mon Apr 17 14:37:08 PDT 2000

A charged lozenge cannot be used with a fieldless badge.
The device would become Purpure, an equal armed Celtic
cross argent.
LoAR May 1996
Returns - DRACHENWALD Ragna Kolgrimsdotti
[(Fieldless) On an oval azure a horseshoe argent] "If
a charge can be considered a medium for heraldic display,
it may not bear a tertiary in a fieldless badge: such a
design is interpretable as a display of arms, with the
tertiary as a primary.  For instance, we don't permit
[Fieldless] On a lozenge argent a fleur-de-lys gules:
since the lozenge is a medium for heraldic display,
this looks like a display of Argent a fleur-de-lys gules.

1) Purpure, an equal armed Celtic cross argent.
Gormflait Suiban ni Cuallachta January of 1973:
Gyronny Or and azure, a Celtic cross argent, fimbriated
sable.
I think the field and fimbriation would give this 2 CDs
since the fimbriation is treated as another cross on
the first one.

2) It could have an argent field.
The argent field looks to conflict with George Emerson
True March of 1988 (via the East):
"Argent, on a lozenge palewise throughout purpure, a
winged lion rampant guardant to sinister, wings elevated
and addorsed, argent."
There should be a CD for type for the dovetailing
but I am not sure about a CD for throughout.

3) If could have an Or field.
The Or field looks to be clear of conflict.

If you like one of the three alternatives here grab
Daniel or Gwenllian and get one of them to do another
conflict check.

Yours in service
Magnus von Lübeck