ANSTHRLD - Bordure Question

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Aug 10 15:17:04 PDT 2000

>     What size should a bordure be on the submission form?  In other words,
> how far in from the shield outline should the borure begin?  One inch?  An
> inch and a half?  I want the are on this submission to look good.

Substantial enough to be seen.
Really, there's no set size, but if it's charged (or fussily tinctured, like
divided) it should be big enough to suffice.
Check some period heraldic pics, or the online Parker
http://www04.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ta2/saitou/ie401/index.htm
for a visual reference.  You can do no better than to emulate real medieval
heraldry (the well-drawn stuff).

- Teceangl
--
       Teclexia - the inability to type, write, or spell "Teceangl"