ANSTHRLD - Guardian(s) of the Queens Hope

Jodi McMaster jodimc at texas.net
Thu Aug 10 16:56:29 PDT 2000

Chris Backus wrote:
> This is a great idea, but it seems to fit our pattern of awards more than it
> does our champions.  The Guardians of the Queen's Hope has been chosen
> through a tournament and so seems more like our Queen's Champion, King's
> Champion, Royal Huntsman, etc.  I don't mean to bash a great idea, but does
> it fit?

I guess the question is "what do we want it to fit"?  With my herald hat
on, I'm not aware of period practices that fit the Champion motif we
customarily use.  Oh, Daniel?

Orders, however, are period recognition of the kind of behavior GoQH
(temp) is supposed to be about--particularly since it isn't a straight
tournament championship like the others, so it might be a good idea to
break with that sort of name.
--
Jodi McMaster/
AElfwyn aet Gyrwum