ANSTHRLD - A Cat in it's Curiousity

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Tue Aug 15 05:04:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/14/2000 10:39:34 PM Central Daylight Time, tmcd at jump.net
writes:

> Unfortunately, I personally know nothing about
>  bynames of the form "the <adjective>" in English, except that I think
>  someone recently tried to start a discussion of them in the
>  College of Arms.

They were discussed and I believe the decision was to continue to register
them.  They are not authentic for late-period and, as always, they will be
evaluated on a case-by-case basis.  Use of a adjectival epithet isn't quite a
weirdness, but I'd document such a name as if it were; that is, I'd try to
eliminate any other questions about the name.

Kathri