ANSTHRLD - Penguins...?

Doug Bell debell at txcyber.com
Thu Aug 31 16:07:52 PDT 2000

Since 1986 only a generic penguin shows up in the SCA ordinary.
Before that the Emperor penguin shows up but it is only found
in the Antarctic ice shelves.

Penguins were allowed as a animal known in period from
the 16th century voyages around Cape Horn and Tierra del
Fuego.

The only "warm water" penguin I know of is the Galapagos penguin.
I doubt there is any heraldric distinction between the different
species.  Since the SCA doesn't use genus and species anymore
I suspect a penguin is a penguin is a penguin.

Magnus