ANSTHRLD - Guardian(s) of the Queens Hope

Coolidge M. Graves, Jr. tadhg at ou.edu
Fri Aug 11 06:37:10 PDT 2000

> The original explanation given, which insofar as I am aware has not
> changed, was *not* that these were younger members of the populace
> chosen for their prowess to defend the person of the Queen.  In fact, it
> was stressed to us at the first one (I don't remember it as much at this
> last one, but I was swallowing dust as I started to herald the dadgum
> thing) that it was most definitely not awarded based on winning the
> tournament, but by demonstrating the ideals the Queen felt boded well
> for the future (hence the name--Guardian of the Queen's hope, not
> herself).  This was borne out very close to home--both my kids were in

Which is to say that the two young men named as GoQH (in their particular
age group) are not in positions comparable to the Queen's Champion. Rather
they are comparable to Don Duncan Hepburn, Holder of the Queen's Blade
of Honor (which is not registered.)

Hmmm...I'm away from my resources...isn't the symbol for Hope an Anchor?

Regards,
Tadhg, Nordsteorra