ANSTHRLD - Herald's Class at Wiesenfeuer Baronial

NRH northern_herald at ansteorra.org
Thu Aug 24 08:51:14 PDT 2000

Greetings from the other Tadhg.

> > The class will be on Saturday afternoon and take an hour or so.
>
> I've been at one local herald warranting class, and it took most
> of a day, if memory serves, and we had to drop several topics
> (admittedly non-essential, but armorial style and
> conflict-checking are most useful for locals).  Do other people
> have experience of such warranting classes -- was the Tempio
> shindig atypical?

Offhand, I'd say the the warranting class you mention was quite unusual.

The length of class depends on the instructor, material (and organization),
and participants. I've had a little experience teaching classes in the SCA
and college...if I can't cover it in 2 hours, there's too much material.
Darius has done a great job with the instruction packet, so I'm relieved
of the problems on that end.

All that's left is the participants as they can slow the progress of the
class but that is more a matter of classroom management...ultimately,
it's my fault if the material doesn't get covered.

I think we'll do fine...personally, I don't believe most people can continue
to absorb material much after 1 1/2 hours.

Regards,
Tadhg, Nordsteorra