ANSTHRLD - Standard List Field "Litany"?

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Thu Feb 10 21:36:09 PST 2000

Daniel asked:

> So what *is* the standard "litany" for the list field?  Is it
>
>    (Bout I) N. and N., take the field.
>    (Bout I+1) N. and N., make ye ready.
>    (Bout I+2) N. and N., arm yourselves.
>
> Or is it "arm yourselves" for the ones "on deck" and "make ready" for
> the ones after them?  I always get those two confustigated and need a
> cheat sheet.

I tend to do it the second way.  I figure the "make ready" means get back
into gear, quit flirting with the ladies or gabbing about that last shot.
"Arm yourselves" sounds like just that: pick up your sword, boy!  Lastly,
they take the field.  Or try...

So for me, it's "Take the field", "Arm yourselves", and "Make ready".

Ulf Gunnarsson