ANSTHRLD - first draft of new web page layout....

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Fri Feb 18 17:32:44 PST 2000

AElfwyn wrote:
<< Now I guess we need to figure out the FAQ's that aren't covered in
the other things.  It seems that, at least at first, we want to
address things that the non-herald/new herald will want to see: how to
be a herald, what is a herald, how to start looking for a name (making
sure we tell them NO Hanks & Hodges, etc.), how to find a herald. >>

Sounds like an Ansteorran Heralds' Handbook.

We need to think about what the FAQs really are.

More notes:
- Run the page thru "lynx", a text-only browser.  If it's not rendered
  right, revamp.  Also look at handicap accessability (URLs to come).
  Bulleted lists (UL) work well for both.
- Contact info on each page.
- Put more frequently needed items at the top (top left, in this
  case).  Consider having sub-index pages, like submissions stuff, if
  the main one gets too cluttered.
- "ROLL of Precedence", says the utterly anal-retentive herald.
- "Magic Numbers" is not a meaningful title.  An inexperienced
  person needs to be able to tell what it's about.  People don't read
  web pages -- they scan.   "Who Sends What To Whom" is good in that
  regard, and might go in the FAQ area.  Not "Forms", but "Submission
  Forms" at the least.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.